22 July 1956
Photograph by Tino Petrelli, Publifoto
© Intesa Sanpaolo Publifoto Archive
The Agip (ENI) summer camp was built in Cesenatico during the Fascist era by the company Agip Petroli, to welcome the children of employees during the summer months. During World War II the large structure in rationalist style, after being transformed into a military hospital, was taken over by retreating troops and then by those of the occupation. Only at the end of the war did the facility return to its original function.
A new purpose was assigned to the camp in 1951, when it became one of the structures utilized to house the survivors of the Polesine flood. Today it is a centre for summer holidays utilized by the employees of ENI.