prior to 1945
© Intesa Sanpaolo Publifoto Archive
Tennis Club Milano is Italy’s oldest tennis organization, and one of the oldest in the world. Alberto Bonacossa opened the present headquarters in 1923 and organized the first five iterations of the Italian Open. Since its founding, the club has been a reference point for Milanese society: in the splendid setting of the clubhouse designed by the architect Giovanni Muzio, people gathered not only for sport, but also for art, culture and politics. The importance of this facility is borne out by the fact that until 1960 it played host to the Davis Cup, welcoming the greatest tennis players of the say onto its courts.