OVAL, Lingotto Fiere
Director: Sarah Cosulich
Galleries: 172 from 29 countries
The fair had a new director: Sara Cosulich.
The Art Editions section made its debut with an interesting selection of spaces set aside for art publishing.
The parallel programme developed around the city with two initiatives:
– Ruin – Politics by Dan Perjovschi at Palazzo Madama for Artissima;
– Tulkus 1880 to 2018 by Paola Pivi at Castello di Rivoli;
– Homeless Paradise by Valery Koshlyakov at GAM;
– Beirut, I Love You – A Work in Progress by Zena el Khalil at Fondazione Merz;
– The End – Venezia by Ragnar Kjartansson at Fondazione Sandretto Re Rebaudengo.
Starting in 2012, Premio illy Present Future has offered the winning artist of the section the chance to show original work in an internationally renowned museum: the Castello di Rivoli Museum of Contemporary Art.
Artissima began posting on Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube.